Sunday, March 29, 2009

Alternative to filter paper at home?

I am doing a project that calls for filter paper or coffee filter. Where I am there are no shops open at this time of day. Is there an alternative to filter paper than can be found in a common household? I was thinking of some fat paper towel, but it looked like it would be dissolved by the fluid.



most paper will dissolve





only alternatives at home would be some sort of cloth:





tea towels doubled up would probably be best, but other than that and fine cloth would probably work similar for basic liquid filtering.




I have no idea what you're up to -- but I have sometimes used either table napkins or paper towels as emergency coffee pot filters and they work fine. Dunno if they'll work for your little, um, project...

No comments:

Post a Comment