Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can you give me some quick easy ideas for leftover Phyllo dough?

I have about 1/2 of a pkg. left I really need to use. I need quick and easy..desserts or appetizers ideas would be great.



Hi: You could try using it as a crust over stew or thick soup (like Progresso Chicken Pot Pie soup). Just pour the stew / soup in a glass bakepan and cover with the buttered phyllo and bake around 350 till the crust is brown. My husband loves this! Good Luck!




My boyfriend loves when I make strudel out of leftover phylo or puff pastry... its also really easy to make spanikopita or turnovers with it. If you're a fan of nuts, try making a simple baklava... its delicious, and in my household it rarely lasts more than a few days.




You can fill with just about anything, sweet or savory. Just brush the layers with butter. Stack them up, place your filling in a line along the long edge, roll up and bake.




filo sandwich


filo pie


filo soup


grilled filo


filo smoothie





Jil, you really could've thought of these yourself. What are you? Stupid or something? Everybody knows how delicious filo sandwiches are.




As a topper for a fruit or meat pie, backlava rollups with honey and chopped walnuts, ham & cheese appetizers, baked.




I had these at Christmas, yummy. Brie cheese with a fruit of some sort and make a dumpling with the phyllo. I had cranberry or blueberry. They were DELICIOUS!




I agree with Colleen make a Strudel and some Spankopita. I love a good Spankopita with my Strudel.




Yeah..what they ^ said!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment